CITY OF ANAHEIM TO HOST PUBLIC MEETINGS ON ANGELS BASEBALL NEGOTIATIONS
ANAHEIM, CA – (January 7, 2014) The City of Anaheim invites the public to attend community-wide workshops addressing the ongoing Angels Baseball negotiations. The meetings will be held on January 14 and 30 starting at 6 p.m. at the Anaheim Convention Center Arena, located at 800 West Katella Ave., Anaheim, CA 92802. Complimentary parking at the Katella Ave. entrance will be offered for anyone attending the meetings. Each meeting will offer information as well as an opportunity for the community to present their questions and input.
The community meetings will include a presentation on the following topics –
• An outline of why negotiations are taking place
• A discussion on the mutual goals of the City and Angels Baseball
• A discussion on the Major League Baseball marketplace
• Angels Baseball benefits to the City and community
• A discussion on the current lease agreement
• An outline of the negotiation framework and process
• Development opportunities available within the stadium district
As negotiations between the Angels and the City progress, the opportunity for additional workshops and outreach efforts will be utilized to continue the dialogue and obtain feedback throughout the process. In addition, updates on the negotiation process will be presented to the public at every third regularly scheduled City Council meeting.
For anyone unable to attend either workshop, the City will continue to receive comments by email or by phone, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 714-765-5000.
For more information on the City of Anaheim, please visit www.anaheim.net