A free , drive-thru COVID-19 testing super-site has been set up at the Anaheim Convention Center. The super-site will offer contactless Polymerase chain reaction (PCR) testing. This is the test that determine if a person is currently infected with COVID-19.
The testing will begin tomorrow, July 15 and will be available Wednesdays through Sundays from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
The free testing is available for:
- Orange County residents exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms
- Individuals with close contact (15 minutes or more within 6 feet) to someone known or suspected to have COVID-19
- Healthcare workers and first responders
- Residents and employees of skilled nursing and other “group living facilities” such as jails and homeless shelters
- Essential workers: grocery, food supply, utility and public employees
“We’re pleased to partner with the County of Orange in announcing more free, public testing here in town at the Anaheim Convention Center,” said Anaheim Mayor Harry Sidhu. “The testing will take place each week for the next month and beyond, providing more opportunities for Anaheim residents to be tested for COVID-19.”
How To Make An Appointment
- Appointments will be scheduled using a secure registration link, which will be available by 8 p.m. on Tuesday, 7/14. Please return at that time.
- Should you have insurance, please contact your provider first about getting tested through your doctor and medical plan.
- Should you have insurance, you are required to enter it on the registration site.
- Once you have registered, you may select your appointment time and a confirmation text or email will be sent to you.
- Once you come to the site, show your confirmation (either on your phone or printed out) at the test site.
Preparing for Your Test
- You will only be tested if you made an appointment and you will only be tested on the date and time of your appointment.
- Be prepared to show your confirmation on your phone or with a print out to a testing representative as well as your personal identification.
- If others are in the car with you but do not have an appointment, they will not be tested.
- Please arrive to your appointment on time. Do arrive no more than 15 minutes before or after your appointment time. Should you miss this window, you will not get tested. As such, please prepare your visit accordingly.
- Bring your face covering and wear it. You do not have to wear a face covering while in the car alone or with household members, but when a healthcare worker approaches your car, please put your face covering over your mouth and nose.
- The wait and test process should take less than 60 minutes, but please be ready to wait in your car. Bring water or snacks if you think you need it. We will not have any restroom facilities for you to use.
- You will get a brief medical assessment prior to the test.
- The test is done through a swab to get a sample from inside the nose. Someone will explain how to get the sample yourself. It is painless, quick and simple.
- You will not be asked to pay for testing.
- You will get results texted or emailed to you in approximately 2-3 days.
- If you test positive for COVID-19, you will get more information about care and resources.